Monday, January 23, 2012

Closet Confidential with Fabrizia Spinelli

This episode of Closet Confidential features the stunning and stylish Italian blogger Fabrizia Spinelli. Fabrizia has an eye for beautiful dresses, bold accessories and glorious pairs of high heels. Her blog answers the question every girl asks herself daily, Cosa mi metto or "What shall I wear?" She shares some of her personal style secrets and fashion favourites with us.


Describe your personal style
I like to dress pretty easily, without exaggeration. I don’t think I have a well defined way to dress, I like to experiment, to take inspiration from different styles, to change everyday and to combine different elements.

What has been your best fashion buy thus far?
It’s a really hard question, because every time I buy something, I fall in love with it...so...I don’t know, maybe my first Chanel. I had always desired it, and you know, Chanel bags are so chic, elegant and timeless.

What was your most outrageous purchase?
Maybe a bright orange lipstick. It was very long before colored lipsticks were fashionable, and also I haven’t ever worn make up in a strong way, so to me it was so strange and difficult to see myself in the mirror!! 


If you could max out your credit card at any designer store, which one would it be?
Definitely the shoe department at Macy’s or Chanel



What are your key fashion pieces for Winter 2012? 
A fur coat, many shiny and colorful lipsticks, a peplum dress, an asymmetrical skirt, a denim jacket and sparkling jewellery.

Who are your style icons? 
I like the style of the It-girls Miroslava Duma and Olivia Palermo, and the elegance of Eva Longoria, but I also like to take inspiration from well-dressed ordinary people! 

Three beauty products that you can't live without? 
I can’t live without a mascara, blush and a good moisturizing cream! 

What is on your fashion wish list? 
So many things, of course a Hermes Kelly, a wonderful Chanel Jumbo bag in petrol blue, and a Moschino peplum dress. 


What five items of clothing are the foundation of a good wardrobe? 
A pair of jeans, a little black dress, a comfy pair of high heels, a black blazer and a great pair of sunnies. 

Biggest Fashion Do 
Wear what you like and don’t be afraid to show your personal style.

Biggest Fashion Don't 
Don’t wear something just because it’s “in”, for the first thing you must feel good in it. 

Fabulous Fashion Advice
Fashion is not only something to follow, but it’s also something to create, is something that can express our personality.

*Special Thanks to Fabrizia for participating in this interview and permitting me use of her photos.

47 comments:

Stella said...

I love Eva's Longoria style too!
Nice post/interview!
xxx
Miss Starshiny

Style Servings said...

Great post, really interesting interview and great style pics!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com

A Life Un-Styled said...

Gorgeous post. You can't go wrong with a Chanel bag, I'm convinced it'll transform even the most ill put together outfit! Hope you had a great weekend Sam :)

The Little Magpie said...

Brill interview :) her looks are gorgeous xx

Audrey Allure said...

She has such great style!

Sarah Hartley said...

She has great style and I enjoyed reading her interview.
Sarah
http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

really happy i found ur blog! great style!1

www.shervinsworld.com

pls come follow us :)

in love and happiness!

joy said...

This is a great interview, she has great style. My style icon is also Oliva Palermo :)

Kassi said...

Great interview! She has wonderful style!

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Purvi said...

great to know about her views :) :)

Marianna said...

so kind of you to feature other bloggers on your blog. i'll definetely check her out so thanks for sharing, sam!
i am looking forward to new posts about featured bloggers you love.

blue roses said...

i love her classic and sophisticated italian sensibility; well tailored pieces that show off the curves!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

tres chic chica said...

great post!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

UnA said...

Thanks for sharing!

Love her style

<3 Una

Nicole said...

Wonderful! I agree with her on a lot of things. But I love her Prada sunnies and Chanel bag...

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I adore the sunnies!

Gong Xi Fa Ca!

Giulia said...

I love her style, and she is so beautiful and nice!

Elin Kling said...

L O V E

Fictitious Fashion said...

I like Fabrizia's blog very much.. Well laid questions sam.. n nicely answered :)

Btw THanks fr ur sweet comment :)

Participate in my Return of My FIRST GIVEAWAY- Open for People with Indian Address only

Love
AKanksha

The Black Pearl Blog said...

i love Fabrizia's blog.
Good interview. Straight to the point.

xxx

Daniella said...

This was a brilliant read my dear!! Well done on getting the interview sweetie. She's got a great sense of style and seems she defiantly knows what she's talking about :)

Take care,Daniella xox

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Great interview! We love Fabrizia and been following her for awhile now. We'd love to get into her closet!! :-)

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Bailey Schneider said...

Great interview! Lovely...
It's reminded me (OOPS!!) I need to send you photos! *blush*
Sorry
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Fashion-Bridge said...

It was cool and very interesting to read fabrizia's answers. I love her style icons as well. She's definitely very stylish girl!

Xx

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Definintely CHANEL!!!!

Jenna Hughes said...

great interview! love the idea

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

What a fabulous interview! She has impeccable style. Thanks for sharing this.

http://averysweetblog.com/

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I read her blog and it's lovely!! Great interview! Thanks for the post on this :)

Skinny Moonstick said...

I do follow her sweet blog, and it's great! Glad you featured her! :)
Have a beautiful day!
Good luck!

skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

Nuar said...

Hey, sweetie!!
I'm happy to see how well your blog is growing in popularity and style, and of course, you along with it! You and Fabrizia are among the bloggers I admire, appreciate and get inspired by the most! Having the chance to get to know some extraordinary girls like you is my biggest reward about blogging.
XOXO, María José
http://www.nuarbarcat.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

Very nice interview and very nice style! I liked the answers and the idea of the interview and also the sunnies you posted here!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

Fabrizia is wonderful! love her blog, love her looks, love this interview!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a doll! Those sunnies are too fabulous!

Unknown said...

What a great interview darling! I definitely go visit her blog! <3

Molliee said...

fun Q&A!!! thanks for sharing!

Alexandra said...

I've seen Fabrizia's blog before, she definitely has amazing style! Love this Q&A, thanks for sharing!

Alexandra xo

http://tovogueorbust.com/

Anonymous said...

This was oodles of fun to read...love interviews. Totally agree on the peplum dress (esp that Moschino!).

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Dolce said...

Great interview :) love most of the questions you have answered, especially fashion is not about following the trend! Congratulations that you got interviewed!

Jo Bao ♥

hautepinkpretty said...

love her blog, too! Great feature <3 xox

Indy said...

What a great feature! She has wonderful style!

Unknown said...

Great post!!! I want a interview some day!hahaha
xoxo

Unknown said...

Great post! Very fun to read!
xx


The Urban Umbrella
xoxo


http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great interview. Fabrizia is such a sweet girl.

hope in high heels said...

It's great to read fashion tips from a lovely lady with fabulous style!

Rakhshan said...

fabrizia has great style, love her fashion blog posts! x

Elle Sees said...

Adore her blog. Great style

LaTasha Bunting said...

I love her blog! She is so stylish! Nice post!
Sincerely,
LB
x0x0x0x